If you haven’t already done so, set up a safe and effective prevention plan to ensure your smile is ready to greet the new year with a shine. Taking care of your teeth is as important as ever as the holiday season ends, and you need to make sure all effective oral health care treatments you’ve been using this season continue on for next year as well. Helpful tips to keep you focused include the following:
– Make sure you are eating a healthy diet that features all five food groups.
– Focus on eating foods that are free of sugar and high in enamel-building minerals such as calcium and phosphorus.
– Always remember to practice safe and effective oral health care and hygiene routines on a daily basis including brushing and flossing your teeth, and using mouthwash to rinse out your mouth after meals.
– If you’re struggling using traditional tools such as toothbrushes and dental floss, switch to easier to operate tools such as electric toothbrushes and water flossers.
– If you have any oral abnormalities or irregularities with your mouth, visit your dentist for a check-up.
– Every 6 months, visit your dentist for a professional cleaning.
– If you are looking to drastically improve your smile or are in need of a complete smile makeover, visit your dentist for safe and effective tooth restorations.
– Avoid products that can chip and crack your teeth, such as hard candies and popcorn kernels.
– Stay away from unhealthy habits such as chewing and smoking tobacco.
If you would like to set up any dental restoration treatments at 29th Street Dental Care or would like an all-inclusive oral exam from Dr. John Phillips and our team at our dentist office, please call us at 405-222-0222. We are here to be the dentist you want in Chickasha, Oklahoma. Happy holidays!