Are you aware that changes or irregularities in your diet, often with the inclusion of poor food and drink choices, you can increase your risk for oral health disorders including tooth decay and gum disease? Fix oral health care issues in your diet. Here are a few tips about food and drink choices you should avoid:
– Be careful when biting into stiff foods, as many oral accidents and injuries are caused when teeth are chipped, cracked, or broken off by simple ingredients that are just too hard for your teeth to handle.
– One of the greatest dangers of dental erosion is sour sweets. Some sour snacks are extremely high in sugar and have a pH level that is nearly the same as battery acid.
– Avoid products that consist of a low pH and high acidity. This includes many drinks and foods, so it is essential to exercise caution when choosing what to eat.
– To avoid cavities, avoid sugars that can be hazardous to your teeth and wear down your tooth enamel.
– Protect your smile against amplified risks of tooth decay and gum disease by avoiding sticky and chewy foods. The reason is that some products adhere hard enough to your teeth they can resist brushing treatments long after you’ve eaten.
If you notice signs of poor oral health, fortunately, it can be treated. 29th Street Dental Care remains committed to your oral health, and you are welcome to book an appointment with us by calling 405-222-0222. Stop by our dentist office in Chickasha, Oklahoma, and Dr. John Phillips and our team will give you the treatment you need. Take the time to protect your teeth today!