If you would like to maximize your chances for success this Halloween, it is important to make sure you have treatment plans and preventive measures in place to prevent damage to your teeth and gums by way of candies or treats that you may consume. Here are few important wants to consider:
– Dentist visit: Visit your dentist for routine checkups and cleanings.
– Cleaning tools: Use cleaning tools that are approved by your dentist or feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance, which guarantees safety and effectiveness.
– Acidic snacks: Substances with a low pH level can cause enamel erosion, so limit or avoid these treats whenever possible.
– Sticky Foods: Avoid products that can easily linger on your teeth and gums long after consuming them.
– Healthy options: Switch out sugary sweets and treats with healthier options.
– Hard foods: Avoid products that can easily chip or crack your teeth such as hard or tough to bite snacks.
– Candy disposal: Get rid of all candy after Halloween is over.
If you have any questions or concerns, or to set up an appointment with Dr. John Phillips, please call us to at 405-222-0222, or stop by our office in Chickasha, Oklahoma. From everyone at 29th Street Dental Care, we wish you a safe, fun, and happy Halloween!